The Kamber ABS® compatible 42 allows you to add an inflatable airbag system to a technical ski pack suitable for long tours, hut trips, and snow professionals.
Designed to carry up to 50 pounds, the Osprey Kamber ABS® compatible 42 is a technical ski a pack suitable for long tours, hut trips, and snow professionals. If you are traveling in avalanche terrain, zip in the ABS® Vario airbag system. Or leave the ABS® system behind if you feel absolutely confident about the stability of the snowpack. With or without the airbag system, this pack is made for the serious backcountry skier. LightWire™ frame suspension, a padded hipbelt, and a thermo-formed contoured back panel keep the pack comfortable when you’re skinning up and stable during the descent. Access the pack easily from the top or from a backpanel. And a zippered front panel provides rapid access to your shovel and probe, which are stowed in separate sleeves. When it’s time to boot up the couloir, choose your preferred carrying style— A-frame or diagonal for skis, or horizontal or vertical for your board. No matter how you rig to hike, all possible wear points are reinforced. Additional features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice tool loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. All zippers and buckles are designed for gloved operation and the insulated hydration hose won’t freeze up, even when you’re out for dawn patrol on a frosty morning.
ABS® AIRBAG SYSTEM*
In the event of an avalanche, deploy the ABS® system and two 85 liter side mounted, independently chambered twin bags facilitate a horizontal position for maximum float and rescue visibility.
The pyrotechnic-pneumatic pull handle and nitrogen gas canister ensure rapid airbag deployment in extreme conditions and situations. The ABS® system is TUV certified with proven independent statistics since 1991.
*Purchased separately at ABS® authorized dealers
- ABS® Compatible - A removable zip-off pack body that is compatible with the ABS® Vario Base Unit providing optimal safety and peace of mind in the backcountry (sold separately)
- Front Panel Access - An extra-large front panel pocket provides quick, conveniently j-zippered access to an avalanche safety kit compartment with shovel and probe sleeves
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Insulated Hydration - An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Diagonal Ski Carry - Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure diagonal ski carry
- Vertical Snowboard Carry - Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- Ice Tool Attachment - A single ice tool loop provides secure, easily accessible ice tool carry
- Goggle Pocket - An internal compartment lined with a heat embossed, scratch-free material delivers secure and protected goggle carry
- Helmet Carry - A stowable helmet carry system extends for secure carry of helmet while not in use
- Dual Top Load and Backpanel Access - Dual top load and backpanel access provide for quick and convenient access from different points to internal storage
- Rope Compression - An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
- A-frame Ski Carry - Dual, lower reinforced ski carry loops and upper reinforced carry/compression straps combine for A-frame ski carry
LIGHTWIRE FRAME/HDPE SUSPENSION
- LightWire™ frame and 1.2mm HDPE framesheet (42l)
- 1.2mm HDPE framesheet only (22+10l)
THERMOFORMED CONTOURED BACKPANEL
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
CONTOURED EVA HARNESS
- Webbing attachment points and insulated hydration hose sleeve
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
FIXED EVA HIPBELT
- Single 25mm webbing ergoPull™ closure with padded hipwings
- Zippered fabric hipbelt pockets
||2441 IN3 / 40 L
||24H X 13W X 11D IN.
||2563 IN3 / 42 L
||25H X 13W X 11D IN.
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop