Helko Vario 2000 Splitting Axe
Handmade in Germany
The Vario 2000 Splitting Axe is surprisingly powerful for its size, thanks to a dual wedge head design that improves splitting power and efficiency while preventing the head from getting stuck or pinched in logs. A 3 ¼ pound head and comfortable 30 inch handle keep the wielder fresh during long splitting sessions. This axe will handily outperform others in its class. A great choice for the seasonal splitter who relies on a wood-burning stove to heat their home through the winter.
- Head Weight: 3 ¼ lbs.
- Parts Weight: 1 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 5 ¾ lbs.
- Bit Length: 3 in.
- Handle Length: 30 in.
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- Drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Lightly lacquered with black-dipped grip
- Curved ergonomic design provides even balance
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath