Helko Traditional Bavarian Woodworker Axe (Germany)
The Bavarian Woodworker is a full-size traditional German cutting axe, with the heft and power required for heavy felling work. The 3 ½ lb. Rheinland pattern axe head has a sharp, slim, wide-bit blade that will outperform most American pattern felling axes at cutting work. The pattern is named after Germany's famous Rhein River Valley, a heavily forested region where cutting axes like these have been in use for centuries. This axe is well suited for felling large trees, and can also be used for splitting medium firewood. Perfect for the farm, home, or cabin.
- Head Weight: 3 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 5 ½ lbs.
- Bit Length: 5 ½ in.
- Handle Length: 31 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath