Helko Classic Nordic Splitting Axe
Handmade in Germany
Our Classic Nordic Splitting Axeis a heavy duty, straight-handled splitting axe, designed solely for difficult splitting work. The 5 ½ pound head is capable of splitting large rounds, difficult logs, and tough firewood. For those facing a cold winter and in need of burning through a cord of wood, this axe will perform dutifully. It may not be the largest tool in the shed, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in efficiency, thanks to the time tested Scandinavian head design. As with all other models in the Classic line, the head is buffed and polished to a reflective finish for reduced cutting friction and improved rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 5 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 7 ½ lbs.
- Bit Length: 2 ½ in
- Handle Length: 31 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge