Spyderco Bug Non-Locking Knife Black Steel Blade C133BKP
Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly but someone forgot to tell the bee. The flight of the bumblebee defies both nature and one’s expectations that something that small can perform such a grand maneuver. Like bumblebees, Spyderco Bugs perform unexpectedly. Spyderco started offering SLIPITS which are non-locking slip-joint knives. They have no locking mechanism holding the blade open, relying instead on the resistant pressure at the pivot area when the blade is extended and being used. Bugs are part of the SLIPIT group.
The flat ground blade is 3Cr13 stainless steel with black oxide coating with a Plain Edge. The Bug's handle offers a flat surface for a small amount of engraving or embellishment and can be customized for use as jewelry or a gift item. Positioned on the end of the handle is a lanyard hole large enough to thread with a chain and be worn around the neck or slipped onto a keychain. The Bug is the smallest folder in Spyderco's lineup.
- Length Overall: 2 7/8" (73 mm)
- Length Closed: 1 5/8" (41 mm)
- Hole Diameter: 3/16" (5 mm)
- Blade Length: 1 5/16" (33 mm)
- Cutting Edge: 1 1/8" (29 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 1/16" (1.75 mm)
- Blade Steel: 3Cr13 stainless steel with black oxide coating
- Weight: 0.4 oz. (12 g)
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel