Mountain House Rice & Chicken Survival & Emergency Food #10 Can
Perfectly seasoned rice and chicken in a savory sauce accented with pimentos, it’s no wonder this is one of our best-selling meals. Perfect for those times you’re snowed in, the power is out, you’re on the trail, or just because. Rice and chicken smothered in a creamy sauce, with a home-cooked flavor, is the perfect solution to fend off hunger. Plus, it doesn't contain any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and is certified gluten-free by GFCO. Enjoy nine tasty servings in this can. Prepare the whole thing at once to feed your family, or prepare individual servings. The possibilities are endless. Just add water. Simple. Easy. Delicious. Mountain House meals are freeze-dried to lock in nutrients and flavor which also makes our meals lightweight. Perfect for on-the-go, camping and backpacking. We take the water out, you simply put it back in.
Since the freeze-dried process extracts the water from the Rice and Chicken, the container is light-weight and can store on the shelf for 30 years or more. Once opened, all you have to do is add hot water. This restores the chicken and rice, along with their seasonings, to their original state and nutritional value.
The meal is quick and easy to prepare. All you have to do is add water! After leaving the dish for a few minutes, the Rice & Chicken is restored to its original quality and nutritional value. We pride ourselves on our quality products. Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is a perfect staple dish that will stay on your shelf for 30+ years!
- DELICIOUS MEAL! Tender spaghetti pasta with chunks of seasoned beef in a rich marinara sauce. Freeze-dried to lock in nutrients and freshness. A classic dish enjoyed by many - delicious, hearty, and filling.
- NO ARTIFICIAL ANYTHING - Made with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Plus, certified gluten-free by GFCO! Can contains 9 total servings. Great for feeding a family or a large group.
- QUICK PREP - Just add hot water to the can & eat in less than 10 minutes or scoop out individual servings and just add hot water. Power outage? No problem. Mountain House meals can be made with room temperature water, just double the hydration time.
- EAT ANYTIME, ANYWHERE - Comforting, delicious food perfect for emergency food storage, survival, camping trips or RV expeditions.
- SHELF STABLE - Longest proven shelf life in the industry! Backed by a 30-Year Taste .
Ready in 9 minutes
Perfect for emergency food storage, feeding your family or large groups, our #10 cans have the longest proven shelf life in the industry. Backed by a 30-Year Taste Guarantee, have peace of mind knowing Mountain House has you covered for any situation that comes your way. From power outages, to storms, or simply not wanting to cook, our #10 cans are a great solution to power you through. Make the entire can at once or scoop out individual servings. All you need is hot water and a few minutes to prepare. No access to hot water? No problem. Our meals can be made with cold or room temperature water, just double the rehydration time.
This is the ultimate solution for the impatient eater, adventurous explorer, and over-preparer. Great when you want a homecooked meal but aren't exactly looking forward to the cooking part.
Preparation Instructions: Open Can. Remove and discard oxygen absorber. Carefully add 8 cups (64oz, 1893mL) of boiling water to contents of can. Stir Carefully and cover. Optional: After 4 minutes Stir Again. Let stand 8-9 Minutes. Stir and serve. Caution: Container will be hot. To prepare a single serving: Add 3/4 cup of boiling water to 1 cup of dry mix.