The blade is made of triple laminated carbon steel that provides excellent edge holding toughness and ease for sharpening. The handle has a bit of a finger guard to help keep your hand off the edge when slippery. The handle shape on the updated version of the Temagami CA allows a better control of the knife when holding in more positions. The Temagami CA comes with a Scandinavian style pouch sheath retains the knife securely without the need for snaps or straps.
Helle knives are designed to retain their sharpness as a lifelong outdoors companion. But it is still important to take care of your knife and its sheath.
- The Handle. Dry the handle with a soft cloth if wet and wax occasionally.
- The Sheath. The leather needs to be impregnated occasionally with colourless impregnation agent (grease or wax) to keep supple. Dry the sheath carefully in room temperature if it becomes wet.
- The Blade. Wipe the blade with a soft cloth if wet and treat with grease occasionally.
Use a diamond tool or a wet stone for sharpening. Place the knife bevel flat to the sharpening tool and work the entire blade. Work one side until you can feel a slight burr on the opposite side. Switch side and repeat the procedure until you feel the burr on the first side. You have now established an edge.
Remove the burr by stroking the blade gently over the sharpening surface on both sides, as if cutting very thin slices. Keep the bevel flat towards the sharpener and move from side to side until the burr is gone.
- Name: Temagami CA
- Weight: 155 g
- Blade material: Triple laminated carbon steel
- Blade thickness: 3,0 mm
- Blade length: 110 mm
- Handle material: Curly birch
- Handle length: 120 mm
- Sheath material: Genuine leather
- Sheath weight: 60 g
- Design: Les Stroud
- Year: 2011
- Art. no: 301