Helle Nord Fixed Blade Knife 5.79" Drop Point 14C28N (Norway)
The Helle Nord Fixed Blade Knife is developed to meet the demands of the Scandinavian Wilderness. Sprung out of our traditions as knife-makers and taken one step further than what is normally seen from us at Helle. This knife combines our history with how we have developed as a new outdoor generation. Sometimes using our tools differently than what our ancestors would have done.
With a 0.14” thick Sandvik 14c28n blade and a sharp shine it will take on most challenges thrown at it. Still thin enough for cutting properties and strong enough for most tasks on your adventures.
- Genuine sheath included
- Curly birch handle
- Weight: 10.2 oz
- Blade Material: Sandvik 14C28N Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 3.7mm
- Blade Length: 147mm
- Blade Construction: Full Tang
- Handle Material: Curly Birch
- Handle Length: 137mm
- Sheath Material: Genuine Leather
- Made in Norway
Helle knives are designed to retain their sharpness as a lifelong outdoors companion. But it is still important to take care of your knife and its sheath.
- The Handle. Dry the handle with a soft cloth if wet and wax occasionally.
- The Sheath. The leather needs to be impregnated occasionally with colourless impregnation agent (grease or wax) to keep supple. Dry the sheath carefully in room temperature if it becomes wet.
- The Blade. Wipe the blade with a soft cloth if wet and treat with grease occasionally.
Use a diamond tool or a wet stone for sharpening. Place the knife bevel flat to the sharpening tool and work the entire blade. Work one side until you can feel a slight burr on the opposite side. Switch side and repeat the procedure until you feel the burr on the first side. You have now established an edge.
Remove the burr by stroking the blade gently over the sharpening surface on both sides, as if cutting very thin slices. Keep the bevel flat towards the sharpener and move from side to side until the burr is gone.