Curtiss F3 Medium Spanto Non Flipper Slim MagnaCut Stonewash SPM Mill "Blue Bird" (USA)
This all American Curtiss F3 Medium Spanto Non Flipper Slim in premium MagnaCut Steel with SPM Mill Titanium Hardware in beautiful Blue, we call "Blue Bird". This knife is unique and the knife you are viewing is the knife you will receive. Limited - Only 1 Available.
Curtiss Knives F3 Series was born out of the need for a hardcore, quality, American-made folding knife. This custom Spent F3 Medium model is made using premium MagnaCut stainless steel, caged bearings and the Curtiss Knives patented S.P.O.T. Pivot system. This non-adjustable system provides fast, smooth action and tight lockup without fear of debris becoming an issue. The jimping on the thumb ramp is milled to be functional but not uncomfortable, just one aspect you'll grow to appreciate if you own this knife. The handle frames have a blasted and dark stonewashed finish as does the matching backspacer. The design combines several integral parts of a high-quality flipper into one piece for a cleaner and more sleek appearance and comes with a full lifetime warranty.
“Curtiss Custom Knives is a veteran owned small business. When I decided to create this business, I had one standard in mind. To make the best knives and give the best customer service possible. I am the only one in our shop. No magic mini shop monkeys or anything. I start with a thought and turn it into a CAD drawing. If I like what I see, I create run files and cut my parts on our waterjet machine. Yes we have a waterjet in our shop. After the materials are cut into the basic shapes, I use our CNC machining center for the secondary processes such as milling, drilling, pockets and tapping. I do my blade grinds by hand on 2″x 72″ belt grinders that I designed and built. Other shop equipment includes heat treat oven, blast cabinet, vibe machine and misc. other machines. Anything else is done by hand by me. I do all of my sharpening on a belt machine I built. All knives receive a 20 degree polished edge. I do currently outsource for some hardware but we hope to make that ourselves soon. So I do not put my knives in a “mid-tech” or “production” classification. I call my knives “CUSTOM”. We own and operate all machinery in house.”
- Full titanium frame lock. Each titanium slab is 0.16" thick.
- S.P.O.T. pivot system. Stop pin overtravel. This pivot is locked into place with the stop pin on the lock side to prevent rotation and provides lock bar over travel protection.
- Blade finish is blasted then stonewashed two-tone.
- Hidden 1/8" high strength hardened stop pin.
- Shouldered stainless steel standoffs.
- Caged bearing system for ultra smooth and quick operation.
- Recessed titanium pocket clip with Curtiss Knives crosshairs logo and tip up carry.
- Blade Length: 3.25"
- Closed Length: 4.50"
- Overall Length: 7.75"
- Blade Material: MagnaCut Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 160″ thick Titanium Frame with stonewashed SPM Mill finish
- Blade Style: Spanto
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.528"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: Caged Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 5.15 oz.
- Designer: Dave Curtiss
- Handmade in the USA