CRKT 7920 PSD Particle Separation Device Assisted Flipper Knife 3.63"
Jim Hammond 7920 PSD Particle Separation Device Folding Knife
Particle. Separation. Device. Break it down to brass tacks: the PSD is made to slice. This everyday carry folding knife’s blade is designed with a full recurve and a highly efficient double grind. And, with Assisted Opening, it shows up to work in the blink of an eye.
When designer Jim Hammond of Birmingham, Alabama put pen to paper, he did so with the intention of creating a knife that was equal parts powerful, compact, and highly aesthetic. The PSD hits the mark. The impossible-to-miss re-curve of the blade performs when making deep cuts and slicing, while the double grind makes pushing more efficient. The surprisingly compact G10 and carbon fiber handle accommodates a solid four-finger grip and is finished with an electric blue pivot and pocket clip.
Built around Assisted Opening, it flips open at incredibly high speed when you apply minimal pressure on the low-profile flipper. The IKBS ball bearing pivot system makes for a smooth rotation and a liner lock keeps it solidly in place.
The PSD is crafted for cutting.
How Assisted Opening Works
It's held securely closed in your pocket, but initiate the deployment, and part-way through the rotation the blade swings open at an impressive speed for simple, powerful, one-handed opening.
- Assisted Opening Flipper deploys the blade fast
- IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smoothly
- High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- G10 handle with carbon fiber layer is strong and lightweight
- Liner Lock can be easily closed with one hand
- Low profile pocket clip provides secure carry
- Blue backspacer and accents
- Blade Length: 3.630" (92.20 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.591" (116.61 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.188" (207.98 mm)
- Blade Material: 1.4116 Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.128" (3.25 mm)
- Blade Style: Harpoon
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber with G10 Base
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 4.60 oz. (130.41 g)
- Designer: Jim Hammond
- Assisted IKBS Pivota