Mora Garberg Fixed Knife 4.3" Satin Stainless Steel (Sweden)
This Garberg knife packs a heavy-duty 3.2mm thick 14C28N Sandvik Steel blade and is purposefully designed for bushcraft.
The full tang phenomenon
The Morakniv Garberg is a powerful full tang knife designed to perform the toughest tasks it encounters. Manufactured at the Morakniv factory in Mora, Sweden, it's the most robust knife they've ever made. The 0.13" thick blade is made from high-grade stainless steel, treated to make it even stronger and more durable. The blade has a Scandi-grind profile that makes it easy to keep sharp and a ground spine compatible with a fire starter. Whatever adventure you're on, you won't want to be without it, making your Morakniv a part of you.
Garberg was designed to meet the long-time wishes from Morakniv's most dedicated users, as well as the desires of the knife lovers that haven't yet discovered the world of Morakniv. The knife is developed to handle the most challenging tasks it may be exposed to.
Created for you in Mora, Sweden
"We wanted to achieve our vision of the ideal full tang knife. That means we need to understand the users. What will they use it for? How will they grip it and work with it? Even store and carry it? Once we understand that we can customize the knife's characteristics accordingly", says Arvid Larsson, Design Engineer at Morakniv.
Genuine feel and hardcore materials
The full tang model is the most robust knife they've ever made and has a genuine Morakniv design. They've used the best and most rugged materials in every part of the knife, from the handle to the blade.
The names that tell their story: Garberg
Many small cottages and barns. The cattle graze on the plot outside and every morning starts before sunrise with milking the cows or goats. This was the scenery of the Swedish 'fäbod', a place where people historically spent their summers working and let their cattle run free in the surrounding nature. Every village had their own 'fäbod', many times even two or more. This way, their ancestors could walk with their cattle from one settlement to another during the summer. In the region around Mora, there have always been many 'fäbodar' and many of them still exist today.
One of these 'fäbodar' is called Garberg. It originally belonged to the village outside of Mora where their factory's located today and all their knives are made, at the shore of a large lake. Here, people have been working hard for centuries, facing the challenges of nature and the demanding self-sufficient life. To name the full tang knife Garberg, after the place and the people who lived there, is Morakniv's way of paying tribute to their roots. The Garberg knife--the proud, strong and hard working tool that gladly faces every challenge--is their interpretation of the life once lived at the 'fäbod' of Garberg.
- The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. In Sweden, the knife with the red coil-shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dalahorse.
- The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Beside its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to their region and history.
- The 0.13" thick blade goes all the way through the handle to the rear, which provides extra strength.
- The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- A specially made and extra rugged polyamide is used during the moulding process of the handle. Compared to other polymers, this one provides the handle with exceptional mechanical properties and makes it extremely stress resistant. This makes the handle close to unbreakable.
- The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- The knife is ground with a Scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- The blade has a black finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- The blade is 0.13" thick and 4.3" long. It is made of high-quality stainless steel that is treated to the highest quality in their own factory.
- The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
- Blade Length: 4.3" (109 mm)
- Overall Length: 9" (229 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.13" (3.2 mm)
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind: Scandi
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Rugged Polyamide, Black
- Weight: 9.6 oz. (272 g)
- Sheath: Polyamide, Black
- Made in Sweden