CRKT 4042 Kinematic Provoke First Responder Folding Karambit 2.41"
CRKT 4042 Kinematic Provoke First Responder Folding Karambit 2.41" D2 Black TiNi Blade, Black Aluminum Handles with Ceramic Glass Breaker, Boltaron Sheath Included
Serve. Protect. The Provoke™ First Responder morphing karambit knife is among the first to feature Kinematic™ technology, staying neatly tucked away in transit and coming to life when there’s trouble afoot. And the multiple carry options plus a glass breaker were designed specifically with men and women in uniform in mind.
CRKT thinks of Designer Joe Caswell as somewhat of a mad scientist. When they got an eyeful of the sketches that were to become the Provoke — designed in Newbury Park, California — they knew he was destined to become one of the most innovative designers the knife world has ever seen. Modeled after a traditional karambit, the hawkbill-style blade is forged of premium D2 tool steel and finished with a black titanium nitride coating for high durability and excellent edge retention. To better equip the men and women in blue, CRKT has added a glass breaker to the tip of the frame and included a sheath with numerous gear attachment options to the Provoke First Responder.
The opening mechanism is pulling the folder into the future whether it's ready or not. Thumb pressure on the upper crossbar sets the chain reaction in motion, causing the blade to lunge to action while you’ve got a firm grasp on the handle. It's crafted of aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum for supreme toughness. In true Joe fashion, the pocket clip is also a world's first—sitting almost completely flush with the handle and likewise activated with light thumb pressure.
The Provoke First Responder comes up strong when it's called in for duty.
How Kinematic Works
Nudge the upper crossbar with your thumb—while the rest of your fingers firmly grasp the handle—and the blade lunges to life and locks into place. Shift the discreet lever at the base of the finger loop and the blade retreats into its closed position.
- Unique Kinematic Innovation Deploys the Blade Quickly with Push of the Thumb
- Ceramic Glass Breaker for Emergency Situations
- D2 Blade Steel for Excellent Edge Retention; Black Titanium Nitride Coating for Enhanced Corrosion Resistance
- Comes with Sheath / Attachments
- Blade Length: 2.41" (61.21 mm)
- Closed Length: 5.06" (128.52 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.25" (184.15 mm)
- Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.209" (5.31 mm)
- Blade Style: Hawkbill
- Blade Grind: Chisel
- Blade Finish: Black Titanium Nitride
- Handle Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Kinematic
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Sheath Material: Boltaron
- Weight: 6.1 oz. (172.93 g)
- Weight with Sheath: 7.2 oz. (204.11 g)
- Designer: Joe Caswell
- Made in Taiwan