SOG PowerLock S60-N Multipurpose Tool
|Manufacturer||SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC|
|Manufacturer Part Number||S60-N|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.sogknives.com|
|Product Name||PowerLock S60-N Multipurpose Tool|
As one of the original multi-tool manufacturers, we have learned quite a bit over the years. Like how to make the toughest tools with patented gear driven Compound Leverage mechanisms. You have let us know, that quick access is a must. Just flip our tools out with one hand and see for yourself how well we listened. Versatility in the field is a necessity and hex bolt construction provides access. There is also a myriad of features that you might not readily see, like our saws cut faster and our files shave better. And while you are at it check out one of the best scissors in the business. Does all this make sense? You bet, which is why leading military forces choose SOG.
|Product Type||Multipurpose Tool|
|Weight (Approximate)||9.60 oz|
|Country of Origin||United States|
- Sturdy (so far)
- Guards make it more comfortable to hold (though they are removable if you don't like them.
- The Power lock is nice
- 1/4 Drive (which could be helpful in a pinch)
- Full size so you won't really feel like you will break it easily
- Electrical Crimpers (I am a tinkerer and sometimes I'm lazy so these work well when I don't want to grab my actual crimpers.
- I don't like the Serrated/straight combo knife (I just don't care for them on the whole)
- Saw seems a little flimsy (But I haven't tried it yet so don't take my word for it look at other reviews for better saw info)
- Leather case is crap. The leather is nice quality IMO but it has a plastic clasp and enough head room for it to slip out on the job. (Easily fixed by taking it off and moving it down a little the it becomes very nice)
- The other case that this one came with has a pocket clip style belt loop but the case is tighter fitting.(My brother almost lost it on his way for a ride in a B-17 today no joke so be careful but he wasn't wearing it on a belt.)
So all in all it's a nice multi-tool to have for the price...but if you don't want to muck with the sheath you can just get a better one.