Hults Bruk Kisa Felling Axe (Sweden)
The Hults Bruks Kisa Axe is a medium-size felling axe for cutting down trees and lopping off branches.
An essential tool for camping and hunting in the backcountry, the Kisa packs enough head weight for light felling, bucking, and splitting while remaining portable over long distances. The Turpentine pattern axe head is designed to make deep cuts. A finger notch near the neck facilitates precision carving for shelter construction and other bushcraft tasks. The 2-lb. axe head is meticulously finished and expertly balanced with a compact, curved 26-inch American hickory handle.
This item has an axe head weight of 1.75 Lbs and a handle length of 26 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Overall Weight: 2.85 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Handle Length: 26"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory