Hults Bruk Almike 16" Hatchet (Sweden)
The Hults Bruk Almike is a small all-purpose axe.
It is intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and for any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Overall Weight: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1 lb.
- Handle Length: 16"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory