Helle Skog Carving 3” Knife (Norway)
The Helle Skog Carving Knife is great for camp chores, as well as making a walking stick and decorating it with a spirit face or crafting a whimmy diddle. Knives are made to shape. Skog – named after the Scandinavian word for forest – was developed for evenings by the campfire in the forest, with a knife in one hand and a piece of greenwood in the other. At a little over 4 oz. (sheath and knife 7" long with a 3" blade), it is more robust than a typical carving knife but has great ergonomics to enable a grip close to the blade for carving. Triple laminated steel blade takes and holds an edge with a minimum of fuss. Comes with a sheath that holds the knife in a secure grip.
Like many Helle Knives, this knife has a superb shaving sharp right out-of-the tube. We recommend just a wee bit of stropping with leather and you have a razor sharp EDC Fixed Blade and Carver. This knife has a very solid feel in your hand and is well-made. Also makes an excellent neck knife!
- Traditional Design with Tang through Handle for Strength
- Laminated Blade, Ergonomic Grip facilitate Carving
- Ideal for Camping and Hiking - a little over 4 oz.
- Sheath and knife 7" long with a 3" blade
- Blade Length: 3.00" (76 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.21" (107 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.20" (183 mm)
- Blade Material: Triple Laminated Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.116" (2.95 mm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Scandi
- Blade Finish: Polished
- Handle Material: Beechwood
- Sheath Material: Brown Leather
- Weight: 2.54 oz. (72 g)
- Weight with Sheath: 4.09 oz. (116 g)
- Made in Norway
- Lifetime Warranty