The Helle GT Knife will be a welcome companion whenever you're outdoor bound. This Norwegian made blade is designed to retain its sharpness, and it's composed of a durable triple laminated stainless steel. At just over nine inches long, the Helle GT is a long knife, but thanks to an aluminum guard and lack of pommel it's still relatively light. The handle is made of curly birch. included is a genuine leather sheath with snap-buttoned closure.
- A handmade handle using Curly Birch, black leather and aluminum finger guard
- Triple layered laminated stainless steel blade
- Each knife includes a custom full grain leather sheath
- Dimensions: Drop point blade 123 mm / 4.8 inches Handle 115 mm / 4.5 inches
- Weight: 7.5 oz total / 5.5 oz knife only
Helle knives are designed to retain their sharpness as a lifelong outdoors companion. But it is still important to take care of your knife and its sheath.
- The Handle. Dry the handle with a soft cloth if wet and wax occasionally.
- The Sheath. The leather needs to be impregnated occasionally with colourless impregnation agent (grease or wax) to keep supple. Dry the sheath carefully in room temperature if it becomes wet.
- The Blade. Wipe the blade with a soft cloth if wet and treat with grease occasionally.
Use a diamond tool or a wet stone for sharpening. Place the knife bevel flat to the sharpening tool and work the entire blade. Work one side until you can feel a slight burr on the opposite side. Switch side and repeat the procedure until you feel the burr on the first side. You have now established an edge.
Remove the burr by stroking the blade gently over the sharpening surface on both sides, as if cutting very thin slices. Keep the bevel flat towards the sharpener and move from side to side until the burr is gone.
- Name: Helle GT
- Weight: 150 g
- Blade material: Triple laminated stainless steel
- Blade thickness: 3,2 mm
- Blade length: 123 mm
- Handle material: Curly birch
- Handle length: 124 mm
- Sheath material: Genuine leather
- Sheath weight: 48 g
- Design: Gunnar Lothe
- Year: 1997
- Art. no: 36
Gave this to my husband and it was a great gift! It is very well-made and durable. It has a beautiful handle and blade. Love that it comes with the leather sheath!!
Very Sharp!! This knife has a great edge to the blade and cuts wonderfully when I'm out hunting. Love this knife!!
We've been using North River Soaps for the last three years. They are great for the skin and smell good. I like the owners only use the highest quality oils and would recommend to all my friends
WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INVIGORATING OR RELAXING SCENT, TO EXFOLIATE OR MOISTURIZE, OR JUST AN ALL NATURAL PRODUCT FOR DELICATE SKIN, YOU CAN'T FIND A BETTER SOAP.
My husband and I have tried the Lavender, Peppermint Mocha, and Honey & Oat Soap Bars. We loved the feel and smell from the H&O Bars! Would recommend it to all my friends
WHY NORTH RIVER OUTDOORS?