Helko Traditional Professional Splitting Maul
Handmade in Germany
The Professional splitting maul is built to withstand rigorous work, and is intended primarily for long term, professional use. The heel features a small turnaround hook to assist with log moving. A steel overstrike protector provides protection from miss swings, reducing the possibility of shaft wear and breakage.
- Head Weight: 7 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 9 lbs.
- Bit Length: 2 ⅝ in.
- Handle Length: 36 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge