Helko Traditional Mini Spalter
Handmade in Germany
This miniaturized version of the Spaltaxt delivers surprising power. It is a compact German style splitting axe designed primarily for lighter splitting work. The dual wedge head delivers highly effective strikes that increase splitting efficiency and prevent the head from becoming stuck or pinched in logs. The 2 ½ pound head and short 20 inch handle are perfect for camping, splitting small firewood, and stocking wood stoves. This axe is perfect for campfires and occasional fireplace duty in the living room.
- Head Weight: 2 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 3 lbs.
- Bit Length: 3 ¼ in.
- Handle Length: 20 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge