Gerber Survival Ultimate Cutting Knife - 4.80" Blade
The Ultimate Knife is the pinnacle of Gerber’s Bear Grylls Survival Series. Intricately designed by Gerber and Bear, it’s loaded with innovations that won’t be found in any other fixed blade knife. Like everything in the Survival Series, it also includes Bear’s Priorities of Survival pocket guide.
- ½ Serrated High Carbon Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade - Ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip - Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Stainless Steel Pommel - At base of handle for hammering
- Emergency Whistle - Integrated into lanyard cord
- Fire Starter - Ferrocerium rod locks into sheath, striker notch incorporated into back of knife blade
- Nylon Sheath - Lightweight, military-grade, mildew resistant
- Land to air rescue instructions
- Diamond Sharpener - Integrated into sheath for on-the-go sharpening
- Priorities of Survival - Pocket guide contains Bear’s survival essentials
I wasn't aware that they made a "Pro" model of this knife. A more expensive, slightly better version. So I returned this knife and bought the pro model. Here is my very limited review of this knife.
Cons- Made in China. Doesn't have a full tang all the way through the handle. Fire starter installs upside down in the sheath, so it can fall out and you will never notice. Stupid marketing.
Pros - blade was sharp, feels great in the hand, seems very tough and durable. Knife feels substantial in the hand, like it will be there when you need it.
In conclusion, I have no doubt that this knife will serve you well and have a long life.