Helko Classic Forester Axe
Handmade in Germany
The Forester is a highly capable, full-size general purpose axe. Its 3 ½ pound head provides enough heft and power for most cutting and felling work. It is big enough to take down medium and large trees without over-encumbering the average user. If you are looking for a full-size axe but aren’t able to comfortably wield the larger Expedition, the Forester is a solid choice and perfect for the farm, home, or cabin. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 3 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 5 ½ lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 ½ in.
- Handle Length: 31 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge