Helko Classic Expedition Axe
Handmade in Germany
The Expedition is as big as they come, and is the workhorse of the Classic line. This serious working axe is best reserved for the heaviest and most difficult jobs. The size may be intimidating to newcomers, but the Expedition is fully capable of clearing your property and heating your home (provided you have the stamina to put it to use). Its heavy 4 ½ pound head delivers incredible striking power in the hands of a controlled operator. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 4 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 6 ½ lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 ¾ in.
- Handle Length: 35 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge