Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ 45-90x Telescope
If you’re looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the AstroMaster Series is for you. Each AstroMaster model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- German Equatorial mount with Setting circles - to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
|Aperture (mm)||70 mm (2.76 in)|
|Focal Length||900 mm (35 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||10 mm (0.39 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2|
|Star Diagonal||Erect Image Diagonal - 1.25"|
|Tripod||1.25" steel tube legs|
|Highest Useful Magnification|
|Lowest Useful Magnification|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.99 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.66 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)|
|Apparent Field of View|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||58 ft (18 m)|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Coated|
|Optical Tube Length||36 in (914 mm)|
We have no experience with telescopes and I did a lot of review reading. We decided on this telescope based on others ratings/reviews. It came packaged nicely and was very easy to set up. Out of the box to set up was probably 10-15 minutes and that was with distractions. We've been using it to look at the moon and Venus and are able to see craters on both. My 6 and 4 yr old daughters love looking at it with my husband. The only complaint I have is that once my husband gets it focused into place it doesn't lock into place very well. He will get it focused and then by the time he switches with my daughter it has moved so he has to try to re-adjust it again. The locking mechanism could be better.
WHY NORTH RIVER OUTDOORS?