Benchmade 178SBK SOCP Spear-Point
The 178SBK SOCP spear point knife is a Greg Thompson design. Greg is the creator of the Special Operations Combatives Program (SOCP) and has years of training and experience to draw from. This skeletonized dagger has a finger loop that makes it easy to deploy and use in quick order. It is made from 440C stainless steel with a black finish. The 178SBK SOCP includes a black sheath with clip and lanyard.
- HIGH-QUALITY: The 440C high-carbon stainless steel blade offers a good balance of hardness and rust resistance. It takes a fine edge and is fairly easy to re-sharpen.
- WELL-DESIGNED: The SOCP 178 is a single-piece dagger with a finger ring at the end. This allows the user to maintain dexterity and handle other objects without putting down the knife.
- ALWAYS READY: The 178's lightweight design and specialized, low-profile sheath ensure that your knife is always there when you need it. It's also MOLLE-compatible.
- FOR TACTICAL USE: The SOCP 178's spear-point blade style is a good blade shape for slicing and puncturing. It's designed for tactical applications.
- GUARANTEED FOR LIFE: Benchmade's limited Lifetime Warranty and LifeSharp Service keep your knife in the best condition. If your knife needs repair or sharpening, Benchmade will take care of it. Available for knives purchased from an authorized dealer.
Handle Material:Stainless Steel
Knife Type:Fixed Blade
Country of Origin:USA
I love this knife except...the pocket clip is horrid, it will not hold the knife to your pocket. The solution: Go to YouTube and watch the "prepared mind 101" channel. He will show you how to easily replace this pocket clip. I did just that, and I replaced the clip. Now I carry this awesome knife every day. Also on YouTube, the "black scout survival" channel gives a really great review of how to use this knife for self-defense.
Like most all Benchmade products this knife is Top Shelf quality. Sharp as hell, I've not purchased a benchmade yet that didn't come out of the box ready to go. Lockup on the sheath is good but over time "I use this as EDC" the lockup is getting weaker and eventually I think it'll fail but that said I'm sure Benchmade will just send me a new one if I send it in for repair under their warranty.
This thing is designed to be used as a weapon, it's purpose is fairly clear it's a last resort self defense weapon however I use this as EDC and it works great, open boxes, food prep, cut wire, stab the occasional villain in the eye. It's awesome.