- Grip Textured Molded Handle
- Premium AXIS Function
- Multiple Configurations Available
- Stainless Steel Liners
- Movable Carry-Clip
- 154CM: An American made premium grade stainless steel originally developed for tough industrial applications. Known for its best all-around qualities, it offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
- AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it’s inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Blade Length: 2.91"
- Blade Thickness: 0.100"
- Blade Material: 154CM Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Weight: 2.56 oz.
- Clip: Black, Reversible, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 6.78"
- Closed Length: 3.87"
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Made in the USA
Benchmade knives come with the unbelievable Life-Sharp program: for the life of your knife you can send it back to the factory and they will dissemble, inspect, fix any problems that may arise, sharpen the knife,and mail it back to you. You pay for shipping to the factory and they’ll handle the rest.
Short Form: There is a very Zen aesthetic to doing something very ordinary and doing it spectacularly well. There is an equally Zen experience of appreciating such mastery only through time and exposure. I think the Mini-Grip really hits on both of those things. While it leans slightly more towards the "hard use" end of the pool, the Mini-Grip comes close to being a perfectly balanced EDC knife. If you're going to exceed the $50.00 range with one knife, I would recommend that it be this knife.
Size: Smallish end of medium, with a total length of 6.78" and a closed length of a very impressive 3.87". The blade hits just shy of 3" with almost the entire exposed edge being sharpened and usable.
Usage Rating: Medium going on heavy. The only reason I don't say "heavy" without reservation is because it is, on the whole, rather smallish. Other than that, this is a knife with dual steel liners, an insanely strong lock, and a moderately thick blade-stock which is ground in such a way that it can take abuse. More to the point, the texturing and gripping created by the handle make this a blade that wouldn't slip out of our hands, even if you used it to cape a deer or clean a really slimy fish, like a catfish.