Olight R50 Seeker Flashlight
The R50 Seeker is a USB rechargeable flashlight that delivers a maximum of 2500 lumens in a hand sized form factor. The R50 seeker features a Cree XLamp XHP50 LED with an orange peel reflector for the perfect light combination of distance and width. The R50 has over twice the light output of the previous R40 Seeker that featured the Cree XM-L2 LED. A 4500mAh rechargeable lithium ion battery is included to provide a run time of almost 4 days of light on a single charge. The light is charged through a standard Micro-USB charging port located on the tail cap of the flashlight. It also features a completely new tactile and translucent side switch for quick user response and mode switching. The R50 seeker is a powerful and versatile flashlight ideal for police, security, industrial, and home applications alike.
• Features a Cree XLamp XHP50 LED, maximum output of 2500 lumens,and runtime up to 50 hours.
• Side switch cycles through three brightness levels. double click access to Turbo while triple click access to Strobe.
• Multi-function side switch featuring a battery power indicator which glows red when battery runs low.
• automatically returns to your last brightness level from the off position with the built in memory function.
• Built-in rechargeable 26650 4500mAh lithium battery with charging cable included.
• Aircraft-grade aluminum body with anti-scratch type III hard anodizing
• Ergonomic design with chamfered edges for a comfortable feel in the hand.
• Lock-out function to prevent accident activation.
• Waterproof up to 2 meters.
• Micro-USB Cable ( 1m )
• User Manual
• 4500mAh 26650 Battery ( customized )
• Power supply
• Traffic Wand (optional)
|Max Output (lumens)||2500|
|Max Run Time (hours)||50|
|Beam Distance||297 m|
|Peak Beam Intensity (candela units)||22,000 cd|
|Water Resistance||IPX8 (up to 2 meters)|
|Impact Resistance||1 m|
|Head Diameter||1.65 in. / 42 mm|
|Length||5.24 in. / 133 mm|
This is a nice little light, compact, powerful and rechargeable. It has a couple different settings and the default is enough for most normal flashlight tasks, but the high power setting is something to behold, the best comparison I can make is to the a-pillar spotlight on a police car, maybe just as bright but maybe even a wider beam. I was walking my dog at night and a car stopped just ahead of us in the crosswalk, nearly hitting us, and I pointed the light at the driver side window and the woman just voluntarily rolled the window down and said "Is there a problem officer?"
The reason I don't give it 5 stars is almost exclusive the on switch. There's no thumb trigger on the tail end and the rubberized on switch is nearly flush with the housing near the lamp that when you pull it out in a hurry it's sometimes necessary to rotate the unit 2 or 3 times until your finger lands on the switch. My previous dog walking light is a Coast Tac-light with the tail switch and while it doesn't put out the same lumens as this O-light it has a much more user friendly switch mechanism. IMO I can see why a tail switch may not make sense on a D-cell flashlight but for these smaller handheld lights I just prefer the tail end switch.
I'm glad I purchased this flashlight! It's a pocket-able flashlight with a very very high intensity beam and has an extremely sturdy metal body. I don't just take it camping, I leave it in my car and take it whereever I go!